Balkan cuisine is balanced between Western and Eastern influences. It is closely related to Turkish, Greek, Italian and other Mediterranean cuisines. However, due to years of Austrian rule, there are many influences from Central Europe. Balkan food is hearty and filling, full of salads made with seasonal produce, delicious dips, and grilled meat. On this course we will prepare the tatiest local specialties: Gibanica, Cevapchichi, Pljeskavica (Balkan version of a Burger), Hurmasice... Enjoy!
- Ajvar / Balkan style vegetable pepper relish
- Shopska salad / Green salad, feta cheese
- Gibanica / Cheesy phyllo pie with spinach
- Cevapcici, ajvar / Grilled serbian sausages, ajvar
- Pljeskavica / Grilled serbian burger
- Hurmasice / Bosnian sweet with sugar syrup
Please advice us on any food allergies or intolerance you might have.